What are your plans for the fourth of July? I know it's not for another couple weeks, but I'm mentally skipping over this next stretch of the move :) We have a lot of various travel later this summer so we're staying put to unpack. Patrick and I have never been in the city together on the fourth, though, so I'm excited for that - especially since it tends to empty out. New Yorkers, did you hear they're moving the fireworks back to the East River? The first time time since 2008! Maybe we'll have to watch from DUMBO where Patrick proposed (10 months ago tomorrow - wild).
Here are some festive red-white-and-blue items for your holiday:
1. You can't go wrong with this simple, striped dress.
2. I received this nail polish as a gift and love the color -- Sally Hansen Triple Shine Red Snapper.
3. I can't remember the last time I had a tan...good for my skin / bad for the fact that I'm, well, pale! While I don't want to be super tan on our wedding day (it's just not me), I'd love to get a little glow...but I already know I'm going to be avoiding tan lines like the plague. Hellooo, bandeau. I like the ones that go straight across...a little more coverage for wearing them around, but you can cinch them in the middle with a butterfly clip while laying out!
4. Here are the matching bottoms!
5. Pearls scream summertime to me, and I find myself being very drawn to them lately. I have a single strand opera-length pearl necklace from my mother I wear all the time. I also love the mult-strand look!
6. What's one item you can use as a beach towel, bath sheet, sarong, table cloth, and scarf? THIS.
7. This tote, designed by a Brooklyn artist, would be so cute to lug to the beach/boat/park.
8. Hosting a party? These coasters are fun.
9. And bright, soft red sandals to complete the look.