With one too many things going on in my personal life (the case for everyone, right?), there is one escape I can count on: working out. I am not some fitness buff or anything and there are plenty of people who are in better shape than I will ever be, but if I could press the pause button and do more of something? It'd be that. It's like a personal therapy session and a chance for me to turn off all the other noise. I'm still figuring out my gym situation in the new neighborhood so in the meantime, I'm LOVING living near Central Park and taking advantage of the running paths and the gorgeous scenery. The smell brings me back to summer camp (I spent 9 summers at the best camp there is) and I'm instantly checked out of the hustle & bustle of New York. It's like I can finally breathe!
I am not someone who typically cares what I wear to work out. Oversized ugly tees? You bet. But I have to say, there IS something to the whole idea of performing better when you feel your best and feeling your best when you put a little more effort into your ensemble. Take something as simple as socks. If they're sliding down into your shoes the whole time, that's all you're going to be able to think of. Invest in a few pairs that are actually comfortable!
Here are six workout winners:
1. I think the tops at GapFit are so soft!
2. The best socks.
3. I recently switched to Brooks and am hooked.
4. Thankfullyyy, the park has water fountains everywhere to bring me back from the dead so I don't have to carry a water bottle, but one of these is great to carry with you in your purse.
5. I love the mesh detail on these Zella capris.
6. I'm a fan of things that I can wear for multiple occasions and this tank is definitely worthy of dressing up or down. I wore it on the 4th of July and again last weekend while doing errands. I think it'd perfect to wear to a yoga class, too! (Pssst! Meg Biram also just launched this gorgeous tee.)